[pm-h] perl HTTP::Tiny vs curl with HTTPS over HTTP proxy

David Golden dagolden at cpan.org
Mon Jun 19 22:36:43 EDT 2017

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 9:29 AM, Michael R. Davis <mrdvt92 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive

I'm guessing it's related to Proxy-Connection.  HTTP::Tiny doesn't send it.

It shouldn't be necessary, but there's
https://github.com/curl/curl/issues/633 which is ambiguous about it.  And I
see it coming back from the proxy, too, which also seems weird.

You could try patching HTTP::Tiny to send it and see if that fixes it.

Though, I note that an HTTP/1.1 RFC explicitly recommends against sending
it: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7230#appendix-A.1.2  So I think it's
unlikely to be added to HTTP::Tiny -- this may just have to be chalked up
to a buggy proxy.

The other thought is that your proxy is configured only for certain user
agents, which would be perverse, too.

I'm sorry that's not more helpful to you, but that's my assessment.

David

--
David Golden <dagolden at cpan.org> Twitter/IRC: @xdg